Thursday, December 22, 2011

I think my son is bothered by my endeavors. Should I just quit or will it be a good experience for him?

My family recently had a major financial upset. I lost my job, we lost our home and didn't have a stable place to stay. I am working diligently to reverse the effects of the upset by completing courses. I am nearly done and will start work again in September. My husband says it's turning me into a snob. I am hoping that my son sees if you work hard you can overcome disaster but there are times I look into his eyes and I see sadness. I know college is not a right, but I really want this M.A. so I won't have to rely on my husband and make the decisions I should have made before. Is this selfish? Or do you think my son will learn anything profitable from this? I'm looking for differing perspectives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment